Monday, December 9, 2013

I Love Daddy He Loves Me



Fathers play a huge role in parenting.This week I want to reflect on the influence that my father has been in my own life. I was my daddy’s first girl, and with two older brothers, I was bound to be his “princess”.  My dad worked full time, so my mom was always the main caregiver in the family. Still, this did not hinder the relationship that my father had with me and with each of my siblings. I remember spending lots of time with my dad all throughout my childhood. He would take me and my brothers to the outdoors and it didn’t matter that I was the only girl. This is where I learned to enjoy many of the activities that I still enjoy today: fishing, hunting, hiking, camping, biking, we do it all. My dad also has a wonderful relationship with my mom; she is his first priority. Their marriage has been the perfect example to me of what a marriage should be. Last but not least, my dad has a relationship with the Savior. He is a worthy priesthood holder and he honors his covenants. He has taught me how important it is to have Christ at the center of our family. These are all characteristics that I also see in my own husband. I am so grateful to have found a companion that I know will treat our children the way that my dad treated me- with love!  

No comments:

Post a Comment