Saturday, November 23, 2013

One Lifetime Just Isn't Enough

One of the things that has influenced my life greatly and given me much guidance and direction regarding family is the teachings found in the inspiring document, “The Family: A Proclamation to the World”. This proclamation is given to us by our Heavenly Father through The First Presidency and Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. This proclamation tells us how families can be successful and love and be together forever. In the proclamation it states, “Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities”. How true this is! I have witnessed the happiness that comes to families who follow these principles. I have a testimony that families are of God and that while immortality is an individual matter, exaltation is a family matter. I love my family so much and I am so grateful for them. I have a testimony that families can be together forever. And because I love my family so much, one lifetime with them just isn't enough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment